Member Login

Username

Password

Not yet registered?
Register here

Forgotten Password?

Discussion Forum

Forum - Help and Advice - Margaret Sutherland Ross (nee MacKay)

Please Login to post new content in the forum.

Author Topic - Margaret Sutherland Ross (nee MacKay)
Posted By:
EvNewman
25th Aug 2013 9:20am GMT
Hi Greetings from New Zealand. I'm hoping to visit Scotland next year and visiting the grave of my great grandmother is a key goal. If someone could help me locate her grave I would be so incredibly grateful. Her details are as follows: Margaret Sutherland Ross (nee MacKay) Born 26 march 1858 Pulteneytown, Married to James Burnett Ross Died 17 July 1890 edinburgh Residence at time of death 7 Rossie Place, District of St Giles, Edinburgh I look forward to hearing from someone and send my sincere thanks in anticipation. Evelyn
Posted By:
mudie68
1st May 2014 11:51am GMT

Hi Evelyn, Your Great-gran died at 10.15 am on the day you mention at the Royal Infirmary Edinburgh, aged 31. Her husband was a Spirit Dealer's Assistant and his middle name was Burnet. The address is as you said and with a little searching my educated guess is the church service was held at Greyfriars Church where she would have then been interred. This churchyard is the nearest to Rossie Place and would be worth a search for your Great- Gran. I do hope you succeed..............................Ron.

FindAGraveInScotland.com is a privately owned website with no affiliation to any Local Councils.