Member Login

Username

Password

Not yet registered?
Register here

Forgotten Password?

Discussion Forum

Forum - Help and Advice - Alexander Campbell 1858 - 1928 Aberdour, Fife, miner

Please Login to post new content in the forum.

Author Topic - Alexander Campbell 1858 - 1928 Aberdour, Fife, miner
Posted By:
wendyhouse
7th Sep 2013 11:22am GMT

Hi - Alexander Campbell was my Great Grandfather, born 1858 and died age 70 1928.

I'm told his grave is in Aberdour but I discovered 3 graveyards when I visited Aberdour and couldn't find the grave.  I am not getting it on the "find a grave" search and I thought it would come up easily.

His wife was called Hellen Campbell (nee Beveridge and his father was Charles Campbell/mother (also) Helen Beveridge.

Would appreciate any help here?

Thanks

Posted By:
mudie68
1st May 2014 12:51pm GMT

Hi Wendy,  There are three graveyards there, one now a private building.  Your Great-granddad died at 6.20 am on the 16th right enough, in Ainslie Square at Donibristle, near Aberdour, aged 70. I would hazzard a guess and presume the stone was broken when cutting the grass and removed all together. I have searched for years in graveyards and this situatuion comes up all the time. I've seen really old graveyards with ancient stones smashed to pieces. It's a real shame. I would have another search Wendy, or try another graveyard near  Aberdour............................Ron.

FindAGraveInScotland.com is a privately owned website with no affiliation to any Local Councils.